There are two types of breast implants according to the filling material thereof, with many different shapes and textures:
There are mainly two shapes of breast implants:
- Round implants: placed vertically, they have the same width in both the top and bottom
- Anatomical implants: teardrop implants having multiple widths and heights.
The implants may be inserted in the following ways:
- Via Submammary: through an incision made in the submammary fold.
- Via Areolar: the incision is located on the edge of the nipple-areola complex.
- Via Axillary: the prosthesis is inserted through an incision in the bottom of the axillary dome.
TYPE OF INTERVENTION: Surgical
TYPE OF ANESTHESIA: General
AVERAGE SURGICAL TIME: 1-3 h (depending on the surgical procedure)
AVERAGE HOSPITALIZATION TIME: 24 h
AVERAGE POST-DISCHARGE RECOVERY TIME: 7-10 days according to the approach and the level on which the implants are placed. Like most surgeries, 1 month of relative rest is recommended in order to be able to start doing sports and efforts.
LEVEL OF SATISFACTION: Very high